Free Dutch lessons in Zaanstad
- IVIO offers group lessons by trained teachers at several locations, for absolute beginners and the (far) advanced (level A0 up to B2)
- In De Bieb (the library) you can practice Dutch at your own level, with the help of a language coach
- In Taalcafé De Sluis volunteers help newcomers in small groups practicing Dutch.
In De Sluis you can also get advice about living, working and studying in The Netherlands/Zaanstad.
De Sluis regularly organizes fun and informational activities.
Websites for learning Dutch
- Teacher Bart de Pau has included many free materials on his website Learn Dutch: vocabulary, grammar and a series of cartoons, Heb je zin?, subtitled in Dutch and English
- The books and online materials and courses by NT2 teachers Ad Appel and Kirsten Verpaalen will help you prepare for the Dutch language exams. At their page Lesmateriaal you’ll also find free material
- Nt2-taalmenu offers material for beginners and advanced students
- Oefenen.nl has free language programs at different levels, ranking from one to five stars
- At Nedles you’ll find exercises for (half)advanced students, using videos and songs
- Grammar in the picture: Zichtbaar Nederlands explains the rules of the language in a visual way
Background and more
- Easy readers in different languages and at various levels can be found at The CI Bookshop
- Language teachers wanting to become proficient in TPRS, Comprehensible Input (CI) and/or Story Listening, can do so at Dynamic Language Learning en Taalleermethoden.nl.
- My sister Martine Woudt translates literature from French into Dutch. Together we translated De dwaze duif en andere fabels van meneer Oscar, a book of fables by Oscar Mandel, who wrote the French as well as the English original (to be found at publicaties).
Dutch lessons for non-natives